Want to get into radio?
Gippsland FM is recruiting young presenters – we want you to learn the ropes and create your own show.
Get in touch with us to book your place if you’re interested:
Call: 5134 8444
Got a few questions? Here’s some we’ve answered for you:
Does it cost anything?
Training is free, however all our broadcasters are members and there is a membership fee of $15/year. You can pay this over a number of weeks if you like.
How much time do I need to commit?
- Meet and greet session – 1hr Come in to the studio and meet our Youth Co-ordinator Reggie Sporle on September 13th, check out the studios and ask a few questions to see if radio is right for you.
- Training – 12hrs September 2017. We plan to conduct training over the September school holidays. Ideally you will be in the station 3 hours a day for 4 days for theory in the first week.
- Learn the panel and make a demo – 4hrs September 2017. Then get into broadcasting in the second week. Get in to the studio for a few hours over two days to learn the panel and make your demo.
- Interviews We’d like you to tape at least one interview, this could be with a local sports person, a musician, an artist or politician. Anyone who has something interesting to say.
- On air A Saturday afternoon one hour timeslot has been made available to trial your new show, and after that you can chat with the Program Director to see where you fit into the Gippsland FM schedule.
Time finishes are approx and depending on the subject it will finish early
- Tuesday September 26th – Intro To Community Radio & Gippsland FM – 10am – 12pm/Planning a Radio Program – 1pm – 3pm
- Monday October 2nd – Legal and Ethics – 10am – 12pm/Delivering Radio Presentations – 1pm – 3pm
- Tuesday October 3rd – Interviewing Skills – 10am – 1pm
- Wednesday October 4th – Station and Policy Procedures – 10am – 1pm
SYN Workshop at Gippsland FM
TBA- Dates to be advise.
Where is Gippsland FM?
Level 1, 42 Buckley Street, Morwell.
What sort of show can I have?
Music, sport politics, cooking, craft, tech, pop culture – whatever you’re interested in.
If you have any other questions just send a Facebook message to GippslandFM.